So fell the five

Just a quick, last speck of vacation weekend post.

Thanksgiving went well -- all the food prep went well and we, amazingly, blew through all of it over the course of three days. No leftovers survived that to be incorporated into other dishes.

As ever, I end up confused as to where much of the time went, as many things didn't get done and it wasn't because I was catching up on sleep.

Some lessons learned to apply to any future time off, which I may or may not go on about at some point -- preferably after I've followed my own advice.

I did get in some reading along the way, but more casual television watching than should have been the case.

I was on target to get back on a proper (well, practical) sleep schedule last night, but I woke up around 1am this morning having refluxed up into my sinuses. The pain and the built-in smell from that lasts, so it was 7 or so this morning before I was able to get that clear enough to sleep again, so my Sunday was off to a rocky start.

More cooking today, some clean-up, some shopping and banking (my bank has Sunday hours) and then I helped Nick finish up a project for school. He had to do a topographic map so I helped him with a design for Skull Island. Nothing done on the Christmas decorations front, though, so I'm off my schedule for that.

Along the way I created a team for Monday night's match (a 100 pt, 200 pt, combined 300 pt modular team), which I'll post tomorrow night after the fact. I also created an Extreme X-Men team for Eric to play next Saturday based on his team list of six characters - that set the bench mark for the build as it came in at 500 pts exactly. I've sent him the specifics and an internal option, whether he wants to go with a specific Feat or split those points up into others. I also pulled together several other prospective teams for me or the others to play. Still plenty of those to do during the week, though I did set up a good one tooled for Abby and another killer team or two. Crypt Leak wanted to go with villains this time, so I'll have a go at a few of those, too. Perhaps over lunch this week I'll get some clues to help narrow character choices for him and Jason, who will be playing for the first time.

After this long weekend, all the moreso as it followed such a short work week last week, this week is going to drag and grate.

Tags:

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
Seems like we got a truly staggering amount done over this holiday weekend -- big feast prepared and consumed, saw two different movies (one with, one without kids), got some Christmas shopping done, grilled burgers Sunday night... and I'm sure we did a few other things I can't quite grasp at the moment. And avoided refluxing into anyone's sinuses, which, you know, is always the path to tread when possible (I didn't even know that was possible; thanks for enlightening me).

Hope your Monday goes well. Mine certainly won't, but that's the life. My next day off isn't until Thursday; it will be a trudge getting there.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes