The Day

Yes, to those of us in the U.S. it is indeed Income Tax Day, and even now people are tapping away at their calculators and fishing for receipts from charities, people working at H&R Block are contemplating suicide, and the phones at the IRS centers are ringing off the hook as people call for answers (btw, I have it from an excellent source - a 30 year employee of the service - that if you don't like the answer you get the first time, call back once or twice more to get a different person.

However, on a more personal note, it also happens to be my birthday. In a better world I'd at least be able to take the day off, but as things stand not only is that nigh impossible, I doubt I'll be able to swing it for tomorrow (Friday) either. On the one hand that might give me something to shoot for - a little extra incentive to knock out a huge amount of work today - but with the sun returning and the press of work likely to follow with it, getting my hopes up would likely be an exercise in masochism.

Still, hey... at least I'm not in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need