(Do Not Go Gently)
Into The (Dark) Weekend


Saturday, among other things, I'll be combining a severl errands with a trip back to the area I moved away from some years back.

I don't want to get into all the details, but aspects of my mother's health have taken a dark turn. What was originally going to be a visit to check on her progress (I spent four hours there Tuesday, but she was asleep through most of it) has become a trip to evaluate a possibly grim matter as best I can.

Wish us luck.

I've known for the past few days, but there wasn't much to do about it before now.

This is probably a big reason why I've been focusing so much on the simple trivia that is Heroclix.

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
Our thoughts, hopes, and best wishes will be with you this weekend, Mike.

I can't think of anything better than that to say. Sorry.
Tony Collett said…
Add mine as well.
And it probably isn't any consolation, but even though I haven't collected or played Heroclix for awhile, I did read your posts.
Mark said…
You can add my positive thoughts and good wishes to the pile of good vibes that all your friends are sending your way.
Mike Norton said…
Thank you all, including those who chose to send emails.

After my visit -- and I was holding off a bit based on my last visit and the interim reports I was getting -- I have a guardedly brighter view of the situation. Getting and keeping it all sorted out will be the trick, as there are so many conditions and effects colliding in her at the moment that it's difficult sorting out how much of her periodic behavior is due to general discomfort-driven fatigue, pain medication, other medication, diabetic blood sugar swings and her underlying changes in physiology.

It's going to be a path rather than a destination, I know -- just as it is for any of us.
Take care.
SuperWife said…
Wishes for a much better week, Mike. I know that D has passed along my well-wishes previously, but I wanted to let you know, personally, that I'm here. And I'm pulling for you, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes