Just a quick one at the start of a busy day. Two political notes, because they're on my mind and I believe they're important:

I came across an excellent piece on how Dean's scream at that post-Iowa primary rally was taken grotesquely out of context and framed as a loss of control, with similar elements framed as anger.

Keep in mind that the Democratic race isn't necessarily as over as many would like people to believe. Despite all of the Dean-bashing, he's still doing better than Edwards and Clark, though most of the mainstream media continues to cast him more as history than current events. As of Tuesday's primaries the delegate breakdown, pledged delegates and superdelegates combined:
Kerry: 246 (roughly 11 percent of the total delegates needed to secure the nomination)
Dean: 118
Edwards: 100
Clark: 81
Sharpton: 4
Kucinich: 2

2,161 is the number needed for the nomination.

I've added website links for each of the listed candidates if you're interested in getting their official stances.

The delegate count above is from the Feb 4th edition of ABC News' The Note.

I continue to find it appalling that the primary dates are so spread out. I'm in Pennsylvania, so I have to wait until April 27th -- when my vote will be largely irrelevant. I heard there was a move from Governor Rendell to change the voting date and give us more relevance, but I haven't followed that up. Such things generally take considerable time to change, so I'm presuming any such move won't help us until 2008. Sheesh. Guam gets to vote over a month before we do!

Late addition: Apologies to any who posted comments earlier, as those comments are now lost. The comments system I was using was obviously having problems, causing my page to freeze while loading, so I snipped out their code and switched to Haloscan. I don't know how well these will work, but they advertise on the host site and my page loads quickly now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes