(Today's posts: Of Mouse & Muppets, Warren teases, comics in the mail, a nice surprise from Wizkids, Where'd my vote go?, Popeye's menage a trois, If you can't hear it you'll never know, and Angel staked.)

Kermit in Hell

I don't care what Jim Henson's daughter says, if Jim's aware of the sale of the Muppets to Disney I find it hard to believe he'd be that happy about it. Maybe were it sold to the Disney of the 80's or before - maybe - but by now..? Eh.

At least it doesn't have the sting that Theodore Geisel must be feeling in recent years as he watches his heirs pick his bones to make themselves wealthy.

A little reconsideration...

...has me thinking that even now it's probably not so bad a match between Disney and the Muppets. My initial reaction was based more on the thought of yet another property going into the eternal lockbox of Disney, where lawyers will keep any of it from moving into the public domain for all eternity. I wonder how bad the creative atmosphere will have to become before people realize that something has to be done about immortal corporations and their ability to freeze larger and larger chunks of the popular culture with no practical expiration?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes