Ultimates Clix?

I'm a long-time comics fan and enjoy playing Heroclix, a strategy game involving tiny plastic sculptures of various heroes and villains. With another DC-based expansion due out late in March, attention's already shifting towards the next, new Marvel set, and the information's beginning to flow.

Courtesy of boneyard, it's been confirmed that the next Marvel set will be called "Ultimates," and be based on these modern relaunches of Marvel's classic characters. As I'm not being asked to swallow the new stories along with them, so long as they look good and are playable, I'm fine with this -- however much I may be opposed to Marvel's "Ultimate" line in principle.

The photos I've been pointed to so far are to be found in a banner-type ad and shots of several of the new boosters -- though the Galactus in the foreground is a 2004 convention exclusive, and the loose clix shown are from the already-released Critical Mass.

While I'm here, I may as well note that Big Barda is this week's sneak peek for the Unleashed set. Not the most attractive sculpt, but it could be a useful piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes