Comics conventions?


As mentioned almost two weeks ago week, I attended Wizard World East, a comics convention held in nearby Philadelphia. I'm slightly surprised to see the report that it had 25,500 attendees, between the paying and promotional people. They made reasonably good use of the space, but there was room for expansion - the left side of the hall in particular had a large band of unused space. I suppose this means they have at least another year before they have to wonder whether they need to book a larger room. They're reporting this as an increase of almost 16% over the previous year, and 55% overall from the attendance seen at their inaugural event in 2002.

Barring something miraculous happening to my finances and free time, this will be the only convention I'll get to this year. (Which, by itself isn't a tragedy -- one of these is usually enough, though I do miss the get-together in Chicago.) Does anyone else have plans to attend one or more of the others?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need