Fryday (Won't let go)

A long week, but nothing so terrible, simply draining. Much running about all week and more to come. Still, it's the early hours of the weekend and the illusion of eternity is strong. Had I any sense I'd have gone to sleep an hour or so ago, but, well, that thought completes itself.

My thoughts have been running in too many directions, national and world news among them, but as Mark Gibson noted "...the working class is too tired to give a rats ass." Or, at least, to dig into them for any useful examination in print.

Of course, Mark (as with Highlander-D - who's also unceremoniously into the manual labor end of things) is dealing with a much more directly physical workload, and from the sound of it he's taking some damage from the process! Good luck with marshaling your energies in the search for a more suitable job, Mark.

Speaking of draining searches, my thoughts have also been with Tony Collett's predicament. Tony's hit an especially rough patch following a sudden job loss and is going through what any of us who've cleared our 30's or so would be likely to if dumped out onto this economy. (Wall Street averages taking a positive swing do not a rosy job market make for most people.) The apprehensions about whether or not a suitable job is out there somewhere, and whether it will be found in time or someone younger and/or who'll work for less will find it first are all too easy to tap into. Join me in wishing Tony all the best in this, too.

Travis is into another all-night gaming (computer) over at a friend's house, Ari's asleep, the cats are asleep, and even Night-Owl Nick has managed to cycle himself into socially-acceptable sleeping hours for the moment. If left to my own schedule I'd be awake until 6 or 7 am and then back up again around 3 or 4 in the afternoon most days, and would likely be a much happier sort for it, but there's a great deal bundled in that prospective package. Nick usually tends towards the same, but he likely stretched the day before yesterday long enough to catch a second wind. When it finally caught up with him late in the evening it took him down hard.

Tonight - meaning Friday - (as an occasionally wise woman has often said, it's not tomorrow until I've gone to sleep today) I've finalized a clix trade that fills in a few more of my Fantastic Forces slots, and adjusted my Wants list accordingly. Chances are between direct pulls and some trades during the marquee later this month I'll fill in most of what remains. There's no rush.

Aside from the above (including getting a package ready for the mail) I've been taking care of some email, doing a little work on my August zine for Legends, and listening to an interesting mix of tunes as I let the PC shuffle a couple hundred selections into a random path. I'm too unfocused to knock out the couple of APA invitations I had on my agenda, so those are shifted to Saturday sometime, too.

As anyone who's ever run any online auctions would suspect, I also find myself checking the progress of my clix auctions entirely too often. Some are doing wonderfully, but I expected those Legacy clix to do well, so my focus is more on the Fantastic Forces pieces. Still, there were strong improvements almost across the board on Friday, and the auctions don't conclude until between 10 and 11 Sunday night, so there's plenty of time for action he tells himself...

Weekend plans are light. Get a couple packages out in the mail (the abovementioned clix trade and something Ari made for a friend's wife who just came through a couple rounds of chemo), and then Nick and I were going to catch and early showing of The Fantastic Four, which I'm approaching with low expectations. I'll have a paragraph or two to share on that later in the day.

Beyond that, there's always a great deal of reading to catch up on, and I have a couple fun (but apparently daunting, judging by my approach) projects around here that keep being pushed off. Maybe this will be the weekend for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes