Yes, but will it come with a live chicken or snake so the examinee can bite its head off?

Read about one Japanese publisher's attempt to raise the social status of the otaku ("stay at home"), which is one term for people whose hobbies tend to be solitary, indoor passions - from gaming to computers to comics, etc... though, cynic that I am, I suspect the main reason is to increase his magazine's circulation. I'll presume that, unlike the article's author, the magazine in question is leaning on the term otaku and not geek. Maybe some are still aiming to co-opt the term "geek" and raise it (as seems to be the case with this Pennsylvania comics shop - which is a good shop, btw, but a singularly unfortunate slogan), but I'm all for ditching it and going with otaku.., if we really need some banner to unite under.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes