Tally? Me bananas!

Finding myself bereft of anything resembling a creative impulse late last night I started to do a full inventory of my extra clix, the eventual aim being to make them available for trade or sale. They're taking up too much space, even in storage, so the aim is to turn them into space and/or something else I want. The approach was (well, is, as I'm optimistically at the halfway mark) to use Wizkids' set checklists and then sort the figures alphabetically in order to make them easier to find. It'll be easier to list four or five types of Spider-man with a set abbreviation attached than to organize them by sets. Ye gods! Am I overwhelmed with extras!

I might run some as auctions on eBay, especially as I uncovered a cache of extra uniques that had gone missing since before the Christmas holidays. Running some REV sets alongside uniques, offering to combine shipping costs can be a good way of selling off some of those (relatively) common pieces. If someone's spending $15 or so on a unique and needs a few other pieces he's more inclined to bid on some 99 cent or so sets he's also looking for if it'll mean little to no increase in the shipping. I might have those up before the weekend's out. The bulk of them, though, will be headed for the sale/trade list.

Between that and some pre-dawn rambling it was well past 5am when I finally went to bed. There's an almost delicious, dizzy sense of fatigue that swirls through when I lie down after an all-nighter. It would have felt better if I'd known I'd finished the inventory, but knowing when to call it a day is important, too. If I can't trust the inventory then what good is it? Trying to push through the other side of it is likely on my schedule today; yeah, it's a dull task, but getting it done will free me to get these out of the dining room area and be ready to list them as I please. It's something that needs doing and while I'm doing it I'm not out and about, burning gas and otherwise likely spending money, and it's gray, cloudy and humid out there anyway. Much better to stay in here, in the AC. As ever, there's no shortage of things that need to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes