Friday

My body's finally settling down, whatever reaction set in motion nearly a week ago finally almost gone. My face still looks as if I got a strangely selective sunburn, but at least I don't feel on the verge of homicide. Most of this week I was trying to either stay asleep or otherwise keep to myself. The ability to concentrate gradually returned, though I came to realize during a conversation today that various things I read during the weekend remained only as the most fragmentary of memories. I wonder if it was the condition or the meds interfering with the mechanism for turning short term memories into long? Either way, I'll need to at least re-skim some things before I can write about them -- sometime later this weekend, perhaps.

Going against my usual prohibitions concerning declaring one's plans to the universe, here's what I believe is up for me between now and early Saturday. (Friday I'm likely to be too busy to post anything, so it's Thursday night or nuthin until likely at least Saturday.)

I have little idea how well or poorly the work portion of Friday will go, I only know the plan is to start it particularly early not only because there's much to get done, but also because I'll have to leave work by 4pm. Tomorrow evening I'll be visiting my mom for the first time since she started the next stage of convalesence at my sister Cindy's house.

Cindy (an RN) is working Friday night. My brother-in-law, Paul, received a pair of free Phillies tickets so he and my brother will be going down to watch the game and the fireworks afterwards. (Better them than me.) This way they can get away for a while, I can get in a visit, and mom won't be left there alone for the night.

I have a stack of bills to go through as I need them to out in tomorrow's mail, clothes to get ready for the morning, various ducks in a row as it were, so I'd best get to all that now.

Comments

Jodi said…
Sorry you're not feeling well.
we made it home from our vacation safe and sound last night.
i will be posting pics soon.

did you enjoy superman? i want to see it, but i blew all the fun money on vacation, so i will have to wait until next weekend.
hope you're having fun with your new clix, too.

j.
Mike Norton said…
I'm doing better, though if I could find a few extra days sandwiched between Saturday and Sunday I'd be feeling better still!

Superman Returns was good -- I hit the info sans-spoilers in the "The Ol' Switcheroo" post on the 29th -- but will likely be posting something with spoilers sometime Sunday. I wanted to wait for some more of the regulars to see it first.
Jodi said…
oops, sorry i forgot i was still logged in under the old blog...i use it to post pics so i can copy and paste the html....

thanks again. all seems to be well.
j.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need