Fate of the Union

Fellow Legendaire Grant Schreiber, who has also been also producing the politics and pop culture zine Judas Goat Quarterly for the past eight years, has gotten together with Aaron Cynic (Diatribe) to do what they're hoping is the inaugural podcast in a series called Fate of the Union.

I definitely give them credit for keeping it casual and feeling "live."

This is being done over at Fall of Autumn, an independent publishing and distribution site which I'll be adding to my links.

In this installment they (mostly) take a shot at predicting the events of 2007.

An entertaining piece in the fashion of a conversation rather than something scripted. I've subscribed to the podcasts and will be interested to see how these develop as a series.

Good work, guys! Aaron's being entirely too polite, but you play off each other well.

Good luck with the zines and the podcast series. I tried leaving a comment on the forum thread over there, but while the main site recognized me the forum refused to, claiming not to know me when I tried logging in over there. Damned, two-faced, rassem frazzem...

On a more personal note it's been nearly five years since I got a chance to hang out with Grant , which I did over an extended, drippingly humid, July 4th weekend in Chicago. Listening to this piece was the next best thing. I certainly don't miss the heat and humidity. (Damn the Third World, I'm not doing summer in Chicago again without air conditioning.)

Tags: ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need