Runoff To the Movies?

Having just gotten a promotional email out of the blue this past Friday from Tom Manning concerning the long-awaited release of Runoff Chapter 3, a 176 pg trade, I was surprised to find another one this morning.

Runoff
is a creator-owned, self-published comics series by Tom Manning, which I'd written about here just over three years ago - but had actually written something more substantive about it two years earlier. Manning has confirmed that director Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone) and he are in talks to bring Runoff to the screen.

Here's the latest from Tom:
I am extremely happy to finally announce that Guillero Del Toro (writer and director of Pan's Labyrinth) and I are in talks to do a Runoff feature film together!
The project currently includes Guillermo and myself, as well as the producer Lloyd Levin (United 93, Boogie Nights, and the upcoming Watchmen movie) and Nick Nunziata (Meg, Grizzly Park).

The news was leaked on the Del Toro fansite:
http://www.deltorofilms.com/

and I got the okay to confirm that we are currently in talks. So with Runoff 3 now released and the series complete, I'm looking forward to the prospect of translating the series to the silver screen with these fine gents!

All my best,
Tom Manning
It's at an early stage, and so much can go awry, but this strikes me as a good match. I haven't read the original material in a loooong time, but I believe I'll be doing so and catching up on the rest soon.

Congratulations, Tom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need