Geek's Countdown

This afternoon the automated shipping tracker email from UPS came through, so by later tonight I'll have confirmation of when my case of Legacy Heroclix will be arriving. The usual pattern will see it landing here next Monday. Checking around I've found that some people (ordering from other vendors) will be getting theirs tomorrow or Thursday, but so far they all appear to have paid $19 and up more dollars for each of their cases, so I don't feel pinched by the relative delay. Whether I have it tomorrow or next Monday, by this time next week I wouldn't be able to tell any difference.

Tomorrow the boosters will be available in the comics shops, so we'll see how far overboard I go by evening.

On the topic of Heroclix and shifting to the sub-realm of Idiocy, I see that the new Marvel FAQ is up, and they've neutered Marvel's Trick Shot (this link still shows the unmodified text) to match that of DC's version; now it can only be used for attack, so no Trick-shooting Perplex or Outwit. Moreover, they've clarified the truly doltish move of making Pounce something that negates the Leap/Climb that is one of its prerequisites. For the sake of non-players, this latter move means that rather than doing what it should -- allow someone like Spider-man to leap/swing in up to their full movement and attack in the same move, they can only do it providing there's nothing in the way and no difference in elevation. With one FAQ clarification a Pouncing Spidey is suddenly castrated, and can't swing down off a rooftop and attack Sandman down on the street in one move. He has to be on the same level and without anything but clear, open terrain between them.

With moves like those above, it's little wonder many players opt for home rules, such as H's elaborate set.

Update: Woohoo! The UPS info updated and my case is due for delivery on Friday, the 4th! This will be novel, getting a new set heading into my weekend! Nice, nice, nice...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes