Legacy: To the Moon!

A check at Icon USA shows me that responding to word from Wizkids that Legacy will only have a single production run, they've already jacked the price up from the $205.20 and change (plus shipping) to... $335.66!

At first I was concerned that the brick and mortar shops had continued to yell loudly enough that Wizkids had tightened the screws on the online retailers to limit discounts. So far I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and presuming that for pre-orders at least, they'll stick with their $205.20 -- Unleashed is still selling for that there -- but everything else (all of which are noted as being "Factory retired") is $239 or higher.

Should anything significantly higher than $205.20 become the new, standard, pre-order price for a case, then that will mark the end of my being a collector of clix. For now, it's wait and see.

Wizkids is still baffling me with the long delay between the release of Legacy and the official announcement of the next set. They have been in the habit of beginning to waggle the next set in our face the same time (if not just before) the current set hits the streets, so now I'm a week out from when I'd expected some information. The next set is presumed to: a) be a Marvel set, b) Include new versions of the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom, and c) out in late June/early July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes