New Who

Some comments concerning an advance copy of the launch of the new Dr. Who series set to air in a few weeks over on the BBC, landed in my mailbox late today from Warren Ellis. All in all it's encouraging, and while I was never a solid fan of the long-running series, it had its moments and an occasional place in my tv viewing. I see that Warren made a post of the email, so I'll just send you there.

It's unfortunate that Sci-Fi hasn't opted to pick it up, though I can understand the economics of it. They've already been pouring more money into new series of their own, and have to be realistic about it. I wonder if BBC America will pick it up? If so, they're keeping plans quiet so far. I poked around over there and saw that there's a mechanism for asking about it/requesting it being added to their programming, so I just did that. Couldn't hurt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes