Puttin' on the Gits


Okay, so most of you have likely seen John Maynard's embarassingly-modelled Tron Costume. It made him a net celebrity of the dubious variety within hours, and soon led to radio and even at least one TV appearance. Lnks were ubiquitous by the time I saw it, so I didn't bother mentioning it here before.

Overnight, Abby Exemplary passed along an item on eBay of similar bent. Being purists, I doubt that either would have considered accessorizing these outfits beyond their particular canons, but looking at these fellows I have to wonder if they'd be tempted to add this. (Warning, that final link leads to what we euphemistically call adult content. Thanks, again, to AE, who emailed me both links and left it to me to come up with a theme.)
Addendum: I do want to take the time to note that both of these guys spent a great deal of time and effort on these projects, and they deserve credit for that. Presuming the bids are genuine, the Ghostbusters auction should reward him for his hard work. Hopefully he'll get it done, paid and move on before someone hits him for infringement.
Addendum II: Jay Maynard (the Tron guy) is loosely set to make a return appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show tonight -- just in case this is of interest to anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes