Restorations


Having hit the false, but still settling, security of Friday night - gateway to the weekend - I'm feeling momentarily calmer. Between now and Sunday morning I'm capable of ignoring the reality of an eventual Monday, though I run the risk of wearing myself out each day by refusing to go to sleep. This follows what my wife used to joke about as "it's not tomorrow until I go to sleep today."

A more significant improvement is that after not sparing the time to deal with it for several days, I took care of the computer problems. As Winnie surmised, the problem was due in large part to the Sasser worm. Thanks for the streamlining of the fix goes to old pal Mr. M, who dumped the cure and some other diagnostic programs onto a disk for me. First pass trapped it and squashed it, while the second confirmed the cleansing. An extra twist had caused a change in one of the modem settings, too, but after a few minutes I found and fixed that, too, so I can access from home again now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes