It's an Arrrrrrrrtform!

Thanks mostly to Mark Gibson I be rememberin' that today be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I'd be recommendin' the English to Pirate Translater, but it be worth less'n bilge! Lubber in, lubber out I be sayin'! It war a nice idearr, but I be thinkin' they were full o' grog... or bilge! Aye, I shouldn't be so hard on 'em. Pirates don't be havin' the biggest vocabularies, after all! (Sink me, Begad! They're better off than I initially thought. Thanks again to Mark for pointing out a better Pirate Glossary.)

At least pirates'll tell you what they're really up to if they're in character and winning the game. Wouldn't it be refreshing if we could make more people be as direct as a pirate for at least one day? Ah... it wouldn't work.

We'd still be gettin the same crap. (I wasn't going to write bilge again.)

Comments

Mark said…
Avast me matey!

That thar picture of the piratsident is quite a treasure! ARRRR! 'Twould be good ter see more piratical pictures of his crew. Cheney already has that pirate look and Rumsfield has a pirate name. I can imagine them on the bow of thar ship, dreamin' of the booty they can plunder for their corpirate bretheren, while that bilge-sucking swab, Rove charts their course.

Fair Winds me hearty!

Mark G.
Anonymous said…
Avast, matey!
--One Buxom Wench
Anonymous said…
Yarrr indeed. But in utterly surreal news, guess what's back online?

http://www.quantum-link.org/

No, I'm not kidding.
Mike Norton said…
Yow! Well, I took a quick look, and at least for now I'm not feeling up to downloading and running their software. The past day or two... my expectation would be a system crash. Maybe I'll be feeling both more nostalgic and adventurous. Good to see you, though, Sigma!
Great black and white line work. Where did that image come from. I wonder.
Mike Norton said…
The artist's name is Toppi, and some of his work (including the piece I borrowed) can be found here. Thanks for reminding me to follow up on it and give credit where due. I was hurriedly looking for a good pirate image to head the piece and that's what a search brought me.
Ahhh.. Thanks for the reference. It's great work.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes