Just to prove it...
(Not that you doubted me.)
The cabinet's been assembled...

and a fair chunk of my clix have been assembled inside. I can fit more of them in, but there's no way all will fit with the shelf space at the moment. My aim's to put in three more glass shelves and run cool, soft light through the cabinet for more even illumination. It came with its own lighting, which does a nice job of illuminating the interior attractively from above, but all of those opaque bases block so much light that the second and bottom tiers receive less and less of it. In these shots, of course, you're at the mercy of my using a flash.

So far I've done it in a rather artless way, but I do have some ideas for better displays. Still, getting the cabinet was the biggest, most essential element and so an excellent starting point.

Hopefully none of that sounds ungrateful, as it's an excellent addition to the dining room and finally gives me the space to put the clix out somewhere rather than just packing them away in plastic cases. (Said cases and plastic shoe boxes can be seen in some of the shots on the floor beside the cabinet and up on top, on the left; they'll soon be put away... and the smudges I somehow left on the walls washed off.) With three rather active cats, open shelves for tiny pla
stic figures simply wouldn't have worked unless I intended to electrify the shelves or drug the cats.

In the long term I can see that eventually I'll be cutting down the display to a single representative of each sculpt instead of the current arrangement which can see as many as four of the same sculpt -- rookie, experienced, veteran and an LE. At the moment it's a mix of mild, geek aesthetic and functionality, as I can more easily locate pieces I'm looking for to construct a team.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your cabinet of Heroclix. Very sophisticated. I imagine you entertaining your friends, dressed smartly in a smoking jacket, and nursing a brandy. Here the upper elite of society gather to hobnob, and play Heroclix.

"Pardon me whilst I assemble my team."
"See here, Norton, don't give us any of that rummy Firelord nonsense! Only fair and equitable teams, what-what!"
Anonymous said…
MN: Eh? Wot? Fair and equitable, you say? Of a certainty. (hides Ares and Kingdom Come Superman behind his back) Now where are those Fortitude cards...
BR: Bah. I see you, you rotter. None of that. You must build a team around nothing but Man-Bats and Science Police.
MN: 800 points of Man-Bats and Science Police? You're mad! (furtively sneaks Nimrod and several Nova Blasts up his sleeve)
BR: Hmph. No, you can have a Professor Storm and a rookie Ultimates Electro, too.
MN: Bloody useless wogs. Sod it all. I shall just play Galactus, Nova, and Terrax, and put them all In Touch With Oracle.
BR: Very well, then. I shall play with this butane lighter and melt them all into little art deco lumps.
Anonymous said…
And... say! Couldn't you fit a few more Hulks in there, if you really tried?

BTW, the Great Escape has a Kurt Wagner LE for $12. More astonishing (to me) they have a double sized Steel they want $20 for! Christ, I'd sell mine to the closest slobbering rube for $10 and a breath mint.
Anonymous said…
It's just gawjuss, hon.

Glad to see you're packing it chock full with your favorite geegaws.

We enjoyed having you over and giving you food and a big piece of furniture. Come over again for just the food and fun.
Anonymous said…
Fine craftsmanship!

Remember: one must accessorize!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes