Sunday Reshuffled

Hmm. Plenty to do today -- far more than I'm going to get to, especially with at the speed I'm moving. Checking on my schedule (after answering an email from a friend who... by now is on his way to just such an event) I realized a Heroclix Icons marquee I'd signed up for that I thought was for today isn't until Wednesday night. The one for Monday night's right where I expected, so that's still in place for after work.

So! That frees up a roughly three hour chunk of my Sunday evening. So long as I don't blow it watching television I should be moderately happy.

Aside from meal prep and a little shopping, we have some items to pick up for Travis for school (some special clothing and a mouth guard for a self defense course that's part of the program), getting Nick in for a haircut that's loooong overdue, he doesn't want but must have, and there's no shortage of other items for me to get to.

My wife's been in a bad way much of the week, as a medical procedure on Tuesday to deal with one problem caused a lower back problem to flare up terribly. Being in pain even through doses of Oxycodone isn't a good thing by any measure. We've been trying to make sure she's as comfortable as possible, but at the moment the medical approach appears to be to treat the flare-up as the result of an inflammation, and so it's largely being waited out. Tricky matters.

Time to get moving.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope things are better. Oxycodone has helped me once or twice. Got me through abdominal surgery and didn't even realize I'd had it!! Gotta love that!!

On other less serious matters, I find I am completely nerdlike in my word associations, as I saw "three hour chunk" and immediately thought, "well he had time for a three hour cruise...a three hour cruise...." Yeah, aren't you glad you aren't here?!? And, really, if you had been...and had three hours free on Sunday...you'd have been at the end of my lash, listening to me screaming out "LIFT THAT BARGE! TOW THAT BAIL!" and other equally demeaning dialogue like that, as you heaved large and heavy pieces of furniture...and other fun stuff like that. Okay, I'm rambling. Again. I'll go away now...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes