The King Online

Okay, so I'm a week or so behind the times, but I want to point out the August 28th debut of The Kirby Museum.

I've poked around there just a little so far, and given the expanse of work Jack produced over nearly five decades drawing comics it's still rather anemic. It's a good start, at least. There's a good bio piece on him, and there's a video piece in the mix, too -- though the sound is rough. I hope the non-links that terminate with "Coming soon!" don't sit undeveloped for long.

I still don't understand why this Hulk only has four toes, though...

Comments

Just wondering. Do you read Asterix?
Mike Norton said…
I'm familiar with Asterix, but almost all of the pieces I've read have been borrowed ones and years in the past. I know enough to recognize the little Gaul on sight, but upon serious consideration I'd have to admit that I'm largely ignorant concerning the body of work. Soemthing to add to the list...
Little Asterix. The small little Gaul with a big heart!

Do you remember Tintin? I grew up with that one too.
Mike Norton said…
I almost mentioned Tintin, as it's another of the few long-running, successful, european comics which are very big elsewhere but relatively unknown here in the states -- though Tintin did have a run as an animated series on HBO. We'd picked up some of the Tintin hardcovers years ago because my older son had seen the cartoon.
Yes, I have seen part of one of the animated ones. Tintin had a very strong nasal American accent, not very different from little Anakin in Phantom Menace. It was grating and difficult to watch. I guess Tintin was created as a Everyman and people have different ideas and perceptions as to what constitutes this Belgian hero.
Incidentally, there are many Heroclix fans around here (in Singapore). No, I am not one of them.
Mike Norton said…
That's okay -- I still like you. I've been enjoying your artwork and photos over on your site, even if I haven't stopped to comment on them.
Thanks for your kind comments over on my blog.
Mike Norton said…
You're very welcome. It's an interesting blend of subject matter and media, as you use many of your subjects as a way of exploring a particular set of tools.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes