Prelude to recalculation

I wrote a post earlier this week - a whiny update - and it remains a draft, best never to be published. Between correspondence and blogging I'd momentarily forgotten that a personal journal still has a place in the universe, and not everything is best aired.

While the financial matters we were pursuing have moved ahead, this week has reinforced the view that at least as far as my relationship with the universe is concerned that to smile with confidence is to guarantee a kick in the teeth. Presume almost anything, and the object of presumption will move, change, vanish or prove to be something other than it seemed. Grasp victory and the rules of the game will change. Win a prize and find out that it's not what it appeared to be.

My universe continues to make science of superstition. I should stop fighting, embrace the lessons experience should be teaching and learn the new math.

Comments

SuperWife said…
Sorry to hear that the smooth sailing continues to elude you, my friend. I know you are motivated to continue the fight and I wish you the best in your pursuit of justice. If there is anything I can do to assist, your request is all that is needed.

Hang in there! Their plan is always to wear down the little guys until they give up. You aren't that guy. They aren't counting on your bulldogeddy goodness.

I hate it when the man is screwing with my peeps...
Mike Norton said…
Thanks for the pep talk - which also goes out to those who've dropped me notes in email. For good or ill, I'm moving ahead.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need