Tony Collett's blog's tipped me off to something that at first I didn't think I was going to like. The artwork's of a style I don't generally go for (and, moreover, strikes me as much more evocative of the '70s than the '80s they're waxing nostalgic for), and the premise immediately struck me as too heavily derivative of a circa 1981 television show...

...but there's something about the pitch for Truth, Justin and the American Way that swayed me.

Once you go to the pitch site be sure to click on the flash animation window posted on the 19th, where they've set up a tv show styled opening sequence, complete with theme song... or just click here if you're that lazy... but go over to their site afterwards anyway.

I was sufficiently impressed by the effort and the obvious warmth shown by the people involved that I'm adding this 5-issue miniseries from Image, set to debut in March, to my comics order. I just don't do that much any more. The default pattern for me these days is "Looks interesting... I'll watch for the trade," but I find myself wanting to give this support from the get-go.

TRUTH, JUSTIN AND THE AMERICAN WAY #1 (of 5) written by SCOTT KURTZ & AARON WILLIAMS
art & cover by GUISEPPE FERRARIO

It's an all-American tale: Boy meets girl, boy proposes to girl, boy accidentally gets super-suit ­ boy, is he in trouble! When Justin J. Cannell accidentally comes into possession of a spacesuit that grants its wearer amazing abilities, his simple life gets very complicated. Can Justin make it to the altar despite his loser friends, overbearing boss, demanding fiancee and the FBI agent who's convinced he's a Russian spy?

Brought to you by SCOTT KURTZ (PvP), AARON WILLIAMS (PS238, Nodwick) and introducing the amazing art of Italian super-star GUISEPPE FERRARIO.

32 pg - FC - $2.99

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
It's pretty obvious that the writers know what their source material is, given that the name of their hero is very similar to the exec producer of GREATEST AMERICAN HERO, Stephen J. Cannell.

Still, looks like fun.
Mike Norton said…
Oh, definitely. They're huge fans of the show, and wanted to do something that was in part an hommage to it, yet something they could carry forward as their own. All of that factored into my being won over. I don't have anything else in my current comics reading list that has this feel, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this miniseries plays out.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need