All On a 23-Hour Sunday...

While there's no way I'll be getting what I wanted to get done today done today, I've at least gotten food shopping, dinner started, haircuts for myself and one son (the other's in the throes of teen rebellion, and wants to keep his mop for now), a couple inexpensive pairs of shoes (one of the running shoes I've been using all but fell apart this morning) bought, and some other, domestic odds and ends attended to. Now I'm aiming to get some Work work accomplished -- but am taking a little break first to put something in here, and quickly address a few items.

First, and this is long overdue, I'd like to thank Tammy R. for her kindness in sending me the vampire Batman I hadn't managed to turn up from last year's Cosmic Justice set of Heroclix. I'm hoping that between that, the imminent influx of Unleashed figures, and the fact that my kids are off this week for spring break, I'll be able to wrangle a game or two this week.

Speaking of imminent Heroclix, I'll be receiving a large order of them tomorrow, which is another incentive for me to clear out some work today so that I won't feel so pressed to stay late tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Finally, the kids and I went out to see Hellboy yesterday, and we enjoyed it. I don't want to wander into spoiler material, so I'll stick to basic items and generalities.

Ron Perlman does an excellent job as the titular character, bringing an easy, if suitably rough, charm to the role. The makeup produces a very natural, unnatural appearance. The movie has a rich visual texture without being oppressively dark, and is paced well. I'm sure they had to fight to keep all 1 hour 52 minutes, and hope that the inevitably cut scenes will be at least be available on the DVD. This isn't to say that there were glaring holes in the movie, but one can sense missing scenes here and there, mostly character development ones.

Oh, as with the recent Dawn of the Dead (though not to the same extent), should you go see it don't just get up when the credits roll. There's another bit - albeit something small - that pops up during them.

Okay... back to work for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need