CBG shifts from weekly tabloid to monthly magazine

I just received notice of this shift in format and frequency, which will begin sometime this spring. Lacking the time at the moment to dig into the details, I wanted to note it both as a subscriber and as someone who's meant to write a piece on CBG for months now. The focus of the piece (which I still intend to do) would be on how it apparently fought its way back from near irrelevancy in an increasingly web-driven age.

At a glance this looks like a positive move, though I'm not sure that giving up their position as a weekly won't only help them fade into the background, but I worry that despite their announced monthly initially offering more pages than their current combined monthly output does will be sustainable. Also, given the dimensions of the current weekly's pages and the likely smaller dimensions of the magazine (that's simply my presumption) I have to wonder how much of the additional page count will come from the conversin to smaller pages -- again, presuming they're not keeping the same page dimensions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need