Uncorking the bottle?


The tragic news this morning that ex-NFL player Pat Tillman, who had turned down a $3.6 million NFL contract with the Arizona Cardinals in order to enlist in the army post-September 11th, was killed in Afghanistan within the past 24 hours started me wondering how many people in our high-speed, attention-deficient country have all but forgotten about our troops still being in Afghanistan. I mean, c'mon! That was "over" how a couple of sweeps ago, wasn't it? Didn't Prince George affix his "mission completed" stamp to that one, too, as he did with our Iraqi operations?

Moreover, it strikes me as unlikely that Tillman's the only US casualty in that theatre of operations in recent months, and now I'm wondering whether or not there'll be more public interest in what exactly is going on over there, and how many dead or wounded bodies have been coming back in the dead of night. I believe this to be one djinn best let out of the bottle ASAP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need