Wonderfalls falls

Checking at Tony Collett's weblog I read the news that Wonderfalls was cancelled two days ago (April 3rd.) Here's how the series' executive producer, Tim Minear, told the show's fans. Minear mentions that the thirteen episodes (which, apparently, the network doesn't intend to air -- meaning that eight episodes, all apparently shot, are scheduled to rot?) tell an overall story. Those facts are behind a petition (again, thanks to Tony for that info) to have the mostly unaired series released as a DVD set. While I'm not a big believer in online petitions, something like this might have some impact since it could easily be seen as unsolicited market research aimed at making something back on the investment.

I should also mention that back on March 16th Mark Gibson passed along a plea for viewers, as Tim Minnear was already being given reason to worry about FOX's inclination to kill anything that wasn't performing immediately and strongly. Since the show, initially airing (until last week, when they yoinked it to Thursday night) on Friday night, premiered on March 12th "to less than great numbers," to quote Minear. Now I feel guilty for not taking the time to make a post about it at the time.

I wonder what terrific "reality programming" FOX will be replacing this with? You know... I don't even think I care enough to find out. FOX has blown it once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need