I'd buy it, but I don't buy it.

A label inside some Tom Bihn bags and backpacks has, in French, "We are sorry that our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

I'm greatly amused by the obvious swipe at the squatter at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., and would be inclined to buy one if they didn't try to sell me on the idea that it was an internal joke at the company president's expense. Perhaps I'm being too cynical, but my credulity simply isn't that elastic.

As a side note, while visiting their site (the first link above) my eyes were drawn to the " bomb-proof construction" noted in their laptop bags. I'm turning it over in my mind, and the macabre conclusion is that while you might not survive, at least your files will..? Your employees can be easily replaced (especially in this economy), but the destruction of the laptop he was carrying could mean an almost irreparable loss of productivity! Seriously, it isn't as if you're likely to be checking your laptop with the baggage folks while travelling -- I know I wouldn't.

In any event, I wonder if these are already turning up on eBay? (Nothing as of 8:17pm, but I have faith! Unless eBay would ban this sort of auction..?)

Profiteering: It's what will save the nation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need