Springtime Christmas

I know it's not a novel observation, but does anyone else notice that this year there's a strong push to build Easter into more of a gift-giving holiday? Clothing sales I'm used to, but Easter toy sales (I know, they're pushing it as a healthy alternative to candy) seem more pronounced this year. Not that I blame Toys R Us for trying to do what they can to increase sales, especially after the trend of the past few years in toy sales.

Back to the potential, broader commercialization of Easter, I don't object to it on any religious grounds (I believe in the Resurrection about as much as I do the Easter Bunny), and I'm not even saying I strongly object... it's just something that seemed worth noting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need