I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused...


“You could say the Rapture index is a Dow Jones Industrial Average of end time activity, but I think it would be better if you viewed it as prophetic speedometer. The higher the number, the faster we're moving towards the occurrence of pre-tribulation rapture.”

This week’s Rapture Index is 143: “Heavy prophetic activity”

Based soley on my first visit, it's a mildly entertaining concept. I'm trying not to let it get too creepy by considering very long that there are people who actually believe in Biblical prophecies.

Unintentionally amusing (well, aside from the site itself) are some of the "Comments on Active Categories" down the page. Note #33, where, apparently, "The Beast" is being equated with the EU. #32 - "Mark of the Beast", noting the push to replace bar codes with with radio tags, marks the site's owner as someone with either a fine sense of humor or a desperate compulsion.

Beyond all that, I'm curious as to the formula for determining the input figures for what one would generally think of as positive elements, especially #15 Moral Standards and #39 Civil Rights. Presumably those values are on some inverse scale, as the 143 is a simple addition of all the values. I didn't pore over the site in detail, so the details might be lurking on one of the pages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need