... to me!

February 1, 2004 I launched this blog.

I've had peaks and troughs in volume and quality -- a few times I was close to shutting it down or simply letting it fade away -- but for whatever reason, for good or ill, I'm still here. Roughly 1,900 posts -- there are a few drafts in the mix that haven't been completed and posted.

Inconsistent effort and the lack of a defining focus have each cost me the ability to develop a broader readership, but some days I have enough brain cells firing for me to realize that's not necessarily a bad thing. Ultimately, this remains a small outlet for me, and an open set of notes to remind me of the things I'm not saying. A light log book and a place to casually go for a clue as to what I was concerned with on or near a given date within the past few years.

We do get what we pay for sometimes, though, whether it's as a blog reader or - for most of us - a blogger using a free resource. Today is one such day, as any attempt to access my archives brings up the same error.

This is the first of two personal anniversaries (that I can recall) for me this week. The other one will be tomorrow.

Tags:

Comments

SuperWife said…
Happy blogiversary, Mike!

Though I can't argue (and I wish I could) about the occasional inconsistent effort, everybody is human and, like the rest of us out here, you can only do what you can do. I will say that I have never noticed the quality lacking because of it. Never.

I always look forward to reading your new stuff and you've made me think, you've made me laugh, and you've made me worry about something other than my own crap sometimes. All of those are pretty precious gifts.

As someone once said to me (but it's far more apt for you), "the blogiverse is a better place because of ye."

I'll save my other well-wishes for tomorrow...;)
Elayne said…
Happy 3rd blogiversary, Mike!
Mark said…
Congrats on the Blogiversary!

I wish I was half as productive as you are in posting. As for the quality... I pale in comparison.

Keep it up!

Mark
Doc Nebula said…
Let me add my congratulations, for the entirely subjective amount they may be worth. (Maybe you can sell them on Ebay for something.)
Dwight Williams said…
Hurrah!!! Huzzah!!!

*APPLAUSE*
Tony Collett said…
Good to see someone else hit the 3 year mark. Keep 'em coming!
Mike Norton said…
Tammy, Elayne, Mark, Darren, Dwight and Tony -- thank you all for the compliment of stopping by and generally for being around.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes