Occupations & Amusements

Back to work today.

Comics I was originally expecting Saturday, having finally emerged from the blackness they disappeared into last Friday morning, arrived here just a few minutes ago at about 6:50 PM.

That they would have been more helpful and welcome during the weekend is a given, but then again I spent the ramp-up line towards the middle of the weekend jumping out of my skin and much of the downside doped down by antihistamines that I don't know if I would have been up to concentrating even on that. Still, they would have worked well for much of Monday.
I'm irritated with myself for forgetting that Heroes was on last night. Since the Friday night repeat was unceremoniously dropped from SciFi's schedule a couple weeks ago I'd been catching it Mondays, but this time I simply forgot. Presumably NBC temporarily put the kibosh on the same-week rebroadcasts of the show in order to get more people back to watching/TiVoing it on Monday and retake some ratings slippage.

SciFi has it back at its Friday 7pm slot starting March 2nd, probably doing a catch-up three or four weeks out of sequence with the new episodes. For now, though, I'll have to rely on the various synopses fan sites have put up for last night's episode - "Unexpected" - and catch it sometime in March.

I've gotten Wednesday night's dinner pulled together so that'll be ready to go tomorrow, since I'm planning to go play Clix at a local venue.

Somewhere over the weekend the heat cut out in the newer wing of our main office, which included the lab and my office. Two weeks ago it would have been completely unworkable, but today it was merely uncomfortable. It left me more drained than usual, so I'm going to eat dinner (Nick took care of making that), get comfortable and read until I drift off.

I'll save something else I was considering writing about for later in the week -- possibly tomorrow, but that schedule may turn tight.

Comments

TT said…
One info source I heard said "Heroes" was beating "24" in the ratings. My guess: NBC temporarily stopped the late week reruns on SciFi so that people had more motivation to tune away from "24" during sweeps.
Tony Collett said…
And you can always catch the episode at NBC's website
www.nbc.com/heroes
Mike Norton said…
Tim: That was pretty much as I understood it. I didn't mention it specifically because I couldn't recall if it was 24 or Prison Break that was programmed opposite it -- I don't watch either show.

Tony: Ah, good! I remembered seeing they had that set up for some shows earlier in the season but I hadn't looked into it. Part of my expectation was that if they were cutting a Friday rebroadcast on SciFi for fear of losing Monday night ratings they'd have little reason to keep making the show available online. I suppose that since they can pack it with their own sponsors' commercials, though, and they could defend this as trying to build a higher-tech avenue to a growing audience, those might be the critical differences.

Wednesday night's at least largely spoken for, but I'll take a look by the weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes