Forecast Fizzle

It appears that while we'll likely go to bed around these parts Tuesday night with a blanket of white, by sometime Wednesday morning we're now tole we'll be into rain.

Ah, well.

That's the usual winter's tale in this corner of Pennsylvania. I can hope the cold air that's supposed to momentarily reassert itself over us Tuesday will hold out, but it's not to be counted on in the least. It was a fun concept while it lasted, though.

We're still planning on turkey dinner for Wednesday, though. I suppose I'll just be eating it a little later in the day than planned.

Way too much sugar today's left me both lagged out and unsettled. Sleepy meat over buzzing bones. I napped after dinner and that helped calm the buzzing down, but now I'm going to have some difficulty slipping back asleep as my work schedule demands.

It's a pay week, though, so that helps. It also reminds me that I have some more checks to write and get out into the mail at calculated points this week.

Getting a new tire for the van today turned into a little more of an adventure as they lost my key. They eventually found it -- roughly five minutes before I was to get a ride home from Crypt Leak to get a spare. Much too much time wasted, though, during a day when I had more than enough to do.

Watched Heroes tonight, and I'm wondering how far our credulity's going to be stretched in simply presuming that the paths of all of these paranormals continues to crisscross, including retroactively. Mohinder's voice-overs invoking "destiny" will only carry me so far.

I'm also wondering what form Nathan Petrelli's payment of $100,000 to a former fling was in. That was a mighty thin envelope, and considering that this was essentially hush money I doubt he wrote her a check. Eh. I'm still enjoying the show. I'm also happy I decided to start catching it on Monday nights because last week SciFi didn't do their normal Friday night re-broadcast of the latest episode. Is NBC pulling back on their baby, wanting to better protect their Monday night ratings removing an option for the viewers?

If Grant's able to keep to his schedule then Legends #121 will be on the way Wednesday, and so could be here for the weekend. This should also be a week with a new comics shipment from Westfield, bringing this week's and the previous two weeks' issues on my pull list. Shipment notification emails will likely hit this side of Wednesday.

So, that could mean several comics-related items hitting during a three-day weekend (I have President's Day off) so perhaps all of that will come together nicely. The next deadline isn't until April 7th, but I'd like to plunge into an issue and write my zine eagerly and early, so I have plenty of time to come up with additional pieces. I have one in particular in mind, and it'll be something I'll run a hyperlink-enhanced version of here, as a single piece or in parts, if I get around to writing it. All of the source material for it isn't out yet, but there's more than enough to get started with.

Time for a shower and a more serious stab at sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes