Hey hey, bye bye, weekend

This weekend was taken up with helping one son out with a project, some food shopping, cooking, some email, reading and a big, last minute push to get some Legends items accomplished. I also had to change a tire, which cost me some time when I was heading out this afternoon and discovered it -- plenty of rust on those threads, and the spare mounted on the underside of the van did not want to come down -- and will cost me some cash tomorrow, as I don't want to be riding around on a donut with no spare for any longer than necessary. Definitely packing lunch for Monday.

Monday's dinner is already assembled, as the components of a beef stew are in the crock pot and have already begun to cook -- well, there's a block of icy beef in the center now, so it's thawing, too -- and by 3 or 4 am it should smell very nice in here. A little extra effort tonight and I don't have to worry about making dinner tomorrow.

While trying not to count the chickens before I'm even sure we have the eggs, a winter storm is rolling towards us, looking as if it'll be edging in sporadically Tuesday morning, developing into a constant snowfall as the afternoon rolls on, going through Tuesday night and all of Wednesday, with some periods of freezing rain and sleet along the way. These have a history of not following through on-track for the threats. That I want Wednesday to be a snowy blow-out is a given, which leaves me open to disappointment. I want to know by Tuesday evening, too, so I can relax and enjoy Tuesday night as if it were Saturday night.

I want, I want, I want.

Given the lack of any full snow days so far this entire season, if it behaves anything like what's being presented the kids can count on Wednesday off, and they're likely heading for an early dismissal Tuesday. If, if, if...

In a move that's almost guaranteed to jinx things, I followed through on a rare suggestion from Ari and picked up a Turkey, etc., for a Thanksgiving-like meal on Wednesday. It's thawing under controlled temps now and will be going in for a slow roasting late Tuesday night. So, even if I do end up having to go in Wednesday I'll have a time-displaced Thanksgiving dinner to come home to.

A few last things to knock out tonight, the last of them being me. I'd best get to it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Faux Thanksgiving on Valentines! You wacky kids, you!

Hope the weather works out for you...however that happens to be. Looks to be much less quiescently frozen precipitation in our future...and lots of it...:(
Mike Norton said…
It's not looking to cool for us, either. Of course, once what becomes rain moves out of the area we'll drop down below freezing again. Feh.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes