Coma Prep

Not the best night's sleep, so I've felt 30 seconds away from going horizontal and switching off all morning. Knowing I could do it if I wished helped stave it off while I worked on the rest of the meal.

I made a pot of garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, which are now put together and being gently brought back up to a good temperature. Then I finished putting the stuffing together (the easiest part, since Ari had finely diced the celery and onions last night, and Nick had sauteed them) as the simple task of combining it with the seasoned bread cubes and enough broth to get the right consistency. That, too, is gently warming. Gravy's set.

The turkey was seasoned, carefully enclosed in foil and set to slow roast late last night... so I guess we're just about ready to go. A couple vegetables to add - green beans at least -- and the whole-berry cranberry sauce that's been chilling in the refrigerator since six this morning needs to be taken out and mixed into an attractive consistency. Between the stuffing and mashed potatoes I didn't bother making up biscuits, but maybe taking a walk up the hill for some rolls this evening would be in order, depending upon what the leftover situation looks like. It's only a 13 lb and a few ounces turkey, which may sound funny in my questioning leftovers, but that disappears with amazing speed around here.

Once I tuck into a loaded plate of the above I'm likely to be all about selecting a familiar movie to watch and settling in for a sleep schedule-wrecking nap.

Just going for that holiday feel.

And I really could use the sleep.

I hope you're all enjoying your Valentine's Day in whatever fashion works best for you. As mentioned a couple weeks ago V.Day doesn't loom large for us, as we have an anniversary earlier in the month. So, none of your roses and chocolates around here today! (Well, okay... the chocolate's welcome most days.)

Oh, look! It's snowing again.

(The Cthulu Circus piece up top is from the blog of Accordion Guy, by way of Transsexual Ninja Girl -- where I found a group Abbygal might want to join.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes