Meanwhile, back in PA

Hey, I'm tired again. Imagine that.

Wednesday started too early and ended too late with respect to work. A long, frustrating day, I finally got out of there well after 9pm. On the way home I tanked up the van at $2.61/gallon.

When I passed that same way againt today it was up to $2.85.

The executives of major, international oil companies had best wake up and start plowing larger portions of the profits back into their infrastructure and exploratory drilling. It's not only good business sense, but if they follow these price increases and all of the excuses for why it's costing more (I'd wager "Katrina!" is now the name to be screamed at the point of orgasm for members of the board) with yet another report of record earnings we should be able to make a justifiable homicide case. Market analysts are now blowing past the hitherto point of trepidation at $3/gal (which it's already hitting in some places) and talking about $4/gal before it starts to back off.

On the bright side, maybe we're just one, hard winter away from insurrection.

Back to now and brighter things, the veteran Invisible Woman H very kindly sent me (via a lovely proxy) arrived today at work, which made my stopping by there seem worthwhile. That piece nearly completes the Fantastic Forces set, with only Kurt Wagner continuing to elude me, not that it's much of an issue. Being able to add that final REV piece to the set is much appreciated.

Otherwise, today was taken up with a morning orientation at my older son's new school, (where the schedule he received was flawed, but is now being fixed; he was almost envious of the classmate whose schedule included three lunch periods... yeah, a few mistakes there) getting some items in the mail, taking care of something over at the middle school, a doctor's appointment (this one, actually, for me), some light grocery shopping and an Rx pick-up (not for me)... then home, dinner made up (with some help from Nick), and now this.

Today also brought the final sneak peek for Icons: Superman For all those who complained about the Hypertime version's dial. This will be one of those cases where the 251 pt. veteran will be the one most will want - he's the only version with Hypersonic Speed - though the 197 pt rookie will likely fill out some teams. The rookie and the vet share the Superman Team Ability, which enables him to target any pieces hiding in the shadows or trying to get a little extra protection from some debris or equipment, valuable not only on the piece itself but for any wildcards on the team who can attack over some distance. The experienced version is a JLA member, and unless they get one of those nifty TA replacement cards he's likely to collect dust unless someone's going for a strict theme team.

So, officially at least, we're looking at this set (at the moment they still haven't filled in all the specifics, but they'll likely do so soon) going on sale a week from now, on September 7th. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they're available on time -- the Monday holiday's going to delay comics by a day -- but I'll try to pin that down this weekend. Somewhere out there is a starter and a few boosters with my name on it.

But... that's next week.

Right now, while I want to work on a few different things I'd best lie down and try to catch up on a little rest. I'm too tired to make good work of anything.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My compliments on the APABlog idea, Mike. Shall we start introducing ourselves to the public at large via the comments section?

Dwight
Mike Norton said…
I'd set that up quickly last week with the intent of making a second pass through it before bringing it up to the online membership. It's very rough and basic so far.
Anonymous said…
Glad your package got there...and just to make you feel a little better, I filled up my tank on the return of an out of town work trip yesterday afternoon (at $2.47/gallon). By this evening, it's $3.09 pretty much everywhere. That's 62 cents in 24 hours. That's gonna hurt. And pretty quickly, too.
Mike Norton said…
Right. As this is a time of frequent adjustments, the spot that had jumped to $2.85 by Wednesday was up to $3.02 by the time I came past it into work today.
Anonymous said…
Got a slip of paper with your name on it in the mail today, buddy. Ka CHING! It was straight off to the grey bar hotel for it, too. Do not pass go, do not pass $200, go directly to the bank.

Glad your little dame got to you. Watch out, she may have a gat tucked into her nylons. Although she's pretty transparent. Personally, I can see right through her, right to her back collar button.
Anonymous said…
::sigh:: that should have been, of course, 'do not pass go, do not COLLECT $200...' I need to learn to proofread these things.
Anonymous said…
Oh, and yes, indeed, she IS a very lovely proxy indeed. Every day, in every way.
Anonymous said…
Augh! Two 'indeeds'... I just give up.
Anonymous said…
H: If I can swallow $200, I can probably pass it.
Anonymous said…
CL: Let me see how many quarters I can put together for you. We all need roughage...
Anonymous said…
H: I don't like change.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes