Sunday vanishes!

The weekend almost gone, I just put up thirteen more Heroclix auctions in what I'm going to (again) refer to as the last of the ones I'll likely be putting up for a while. Almost half of these are ones being sold for a friend, which was what helped prompt me to put up some more of mine.

Six Feet Under is down to two, final episodes. The season's held up better than I'd feared, but with only two epsiodes to go I'm not sure how satisfying the conclusion will be... but I'm open to see. The show's been excellent at times and abysmal at others, and I'd like to see it go out well.

The week after that series wraps HBO will be launching Rome in that timeslot. As this piece on the series indicates it's set in 52 BC, so at least there can't be the usual lurking Christianity one so often finds in spectacle pieces on the Roman era. I'm curious to see how much it's a straight dramatization of the events surrounding the shift from a Roman Republic to an empire, and how much it may or may not be intended to resonate with our own social and political times. Ultimately, I'm hoping that HBO (working with the BBC on this one) will manage to keep a quality show in this timeslot. We won't see the final season of The Sopranos or the third season of Deadwood until 2006, so we need something with quality to float us... though I doubt Rome - the (presumptuous) first season - will fill that many weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes