Saturday out and about

A little banking done and some checks written out & mailed, I've begun to get a grip on our current financial state. I'll be collecting the rest of the current bills and writing out some more checks/making some online cash transfers this evening. With Ari being out on a medical leave from work for months now, I'm feeling a bit of a pinch but it appears to be survivable. September turns out to be one of those accounting margin anomalies for me -- a three-pay month -- which should help. My decision to cancel my case order of Icons is a good move, too. That wasn't primarily a financial move, though the finances did provide a telling nudge. There's simply too little in the set that I'm genuinely interested in, it's a small set, and as a new base set it'll be around for a while. I'll buy the starter and a couple boosters on the release day, then (undoubtedly) some more at venue events... and beyond that I'll see what casual trading will get me over the succeeding months.

We'll be headed out momentarily. Word from the in-laws is that they've laid in supplies for a wonderful summer lunch spread.

I did some work on the next zine last night and this morning, trying to lay the groundwork to prevent the disappointment from earlier this week at the 8, limp pages I sent off for the August issue. October's deadline will be here sooner than I care to believe, I've learned at least that much from experience.

Time to go. I wish you all as fine a Saturday as you can manage, hopefully a much better one than you expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes