Two Truths

It could have been worse.

It will be.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rather disputable.
Mike Norton said…
How so? I'm curious, not simply trying to be argumentative or pessimistic. I also wasn't trying to pedantic, nor laying claim to any special knowledge. It just occurred to me that day and not only struck me as true but as something I'd accepted a long time before which colors my life every day.

My point was first that almost anything that happens is open to being eclipsed by something worse.

The second one's more subjective (though, ultimately, subjectivity's at the heart of all of this), I'll admit, as it's possible that one might have already had the worst day of his life. One ultimate test of that will be how one regards one's own death. On some days I'm not so fearful of death itself - it'll either be oblivion or a passage into some other state of being - as I am about becoming completely powerless to aid loved ones I'll be leaving behind.

Thanks for coming by and poking around. I'd actually forgotten this entry despite it only being from back in August.
Mike Norton said…
I tried to reciprocate by visiting your site, Joel, but the address came back with a "This account is closed" message.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes