By the hair of my chinny chin chin

Thanks for all the well-wishes this week, between those in the comment thread of the previous post and in emails.

It's ending on a more up than down note, but the big issues for me remain suspended in the air for at least another week and a half. A great deal of other work was accomplished this week, but unfortunately little of it was on the issue(s) plaguing me and too little of it was really appreciated. Some progress has been made, but I'll need to truly dig into it early next week just to solidify a framework. I did take care of my evaluation for my assistant, and in turn sat down with the Prez to go over that with him.

I know that by Thursday of next week I'm going to be sliding into the mindset of the long weekend to follow, so the time through Wednesday will have to be used exceptionally well.

Unless something goes awry I'll have (as I know I've mentioned before) my retail-bought brick of Sinister in hand (along with the Danger Room set) to kick off Thursday, should have my case Friday, and Superman Returns will be worked into the mix before Saturday's out. Tuesday the 4th is a holiday, and I'm taking off Monday, so it'll be a long weekend.

I'd prefer not to have the same potentially crushing weight hanging over my head through and on the far side of that weekend -- and I'll try to free up the time to begin the construction of some sort of buttress to protect me from the eventual fall -- but either way I know that by Thursday I'm going to be all but useless for anything but some mop-up tasks. Sure, by the 4th the anxiety level's going to begin to sharply creep up again, but I'll do my best not to let it wreck my time off.

So far I've been good at steering clear of info concerning next October's Supernova set, refusing to go to into threads and click on links where some more pieces are seen in some ads somewhere, showing what the clix brick mail-away will be for the set along with a couple more pieces. It'll be a tough four months in some respects, especially as I don't want to cut myself off from other info from the company. I'll likely have to restrict myself to fewer, careful check-ins, though.

Back to the moment, it's going to be a busy weekend.

Much housework to catch up on & preside over, a long overdue visit to my mom tomorrow, and more, more, more... including a session or two in work so as to keep things moving smoothly into Monday.

Comments

Jodi said…
Glad you survived.
The kids are spending time with their dad this weekend, I'm sort of doing housework, and hunting for all the little cars from "Cars" from McD's as a surprise for Aaron.
Enjoy your weekend.
J.
Mike Norton said…
Yeah, I made it through, though not with anything like the sense of resolution I'd begun the week aiming for.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need