Stripes of Madness

Damned bizarre nightmare early this morning.

As is usual, most is now forgotten and what's there is in fragments. I hadn't remembered at all until some quick chain of references triggered the last bit, just before I woke up and immediately turned my attention to turning off the clock radio.

The final scene saw my mother - looking easily a couple decades younger - leading the way through some cluttered house and down a hallway. There was some sense of imminent danger about the place, though I can't recall where it was nor how we came to be there. We were obviously trying to move quietly and carefully. I was following about six or seven feet behind her.

Suddenly, she turned and started to run back in my direction. I started to back up, but was also looking beyond her, down the hallway for what she was reacting to and not moving backwards very quickly, thinking I would let mom pass and see if I couldn't deal with whatever she was running from. Even if I didn't grapple with who or whatever it was, there were boxes and clutter I could fairly easily topple to buy us time. But in that instant I didn't see anything aside from more clutter going off into the shadows.

Resetting my sights to mom, who was now close enough I'd have to turn sideways to avoid a collision, I looked at her and had barely had a moment to see the mad light in her eyes and the knife in her hand.

I guess I didn't make it out of that one.

I'll have to give that one a little more consideration later.

Work-induced madness is in play, as I try to knock out too much between now and the end of my day Thursday.

Mass consumption madness is soon to be in play, as Sinister hits stores Wednesday -- though I'll be buying none of it then since Thursday should see the brick I paid for a couple months ago in my hands, and FedEx informs me my case will be up from Orlando on Friday. I'm sure I'll be going on about that ad nauseum Thursday and Friday.

I should try to get some sleep soon.

Comments

Jodi said…
hey, i'm back.
everything going okay?
j.
Mike Norton said…
Going fairly well. I'm digging myself in deeper in some respects, but otherwise moving ahead, thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need