Just Imagine the Scene (and Smell)
If the AC Breaks

Crypt Leak passed along a fluff piece about a record-setting gathering this weekend, as 2500 Furries converge on Pittsburgh for Anthrocon 2006. Today's high in Pittsburgh will be 91° F.

Now, I'm sure that some of these people are just in it for innocent escapism, and almost regardless of what they get up to, so long as it's not injurious and is consentual, it's their business.

Still, there is an underlying thrust of sexuality with this variety of dress-up types, a vibe that I seldom see from the comic book convention dress-up types and have never seen in the Star Trek fan shots. I don't recall any other fan community petitioning Oxford University Press to include a fan-specific term for sex while in costume/character. Even a Google Image search of "furries" generally gets this theme.

Seeing this I have to recall the 2001 Vanity Fair piece I linked to last year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need