God's Prostate: A-OK

It's Monday.

I don't know about vinegar, but there's plenty of piss. It's a mighty stream He's dumping on us here in Southeastern PA this morning.

I was up early, taking care of some items around the house (including cutting some steaks into strips, doing the same with onions, and preparing a marinade for them to soak in in the refrigerator so they're ready for me to cook tonight) before heading off to work. Last I looked out it was overcast and gray (an unfortunately common sight of late) but not raining, so when I opened the front door to find more falling water in the air than air it was a little surprise.

Nick, who woke up feeling much better yesterday -- albeit not waking up until early afternoon, and I drove back to visit my mom yesterday. Tuesday she's finally being released from the physical rehab facility and will be moving in with my eldest sister and her husband for the next stage. There are some problems that are worrying me about her overall health, but we'll take this one step at a time.

Last night we found out that Ari's mom, after stubbornly resisting doing anything more forceful than home remedies and seeking over-the-counter relief for a cough that persisted for two days, ended up being admitted to the hospital for signs of pneumonia. She has a progressive lung problem (no, she's not a smoker, but she was before quitting roughly 35 years ago) so she should have taken it more seriously after just the first couple hours. We should have a better feel for how that's going by tonight.

All the best to Tony and his wife weathering the latest, toothy problem.

Continued good wishes to Mark, who's dealing with some persistent issues, too. And to Lisa, in her quest to lose some more of what her new neighbor appears to have too much of.

Tim's recently passed another birthday and is bidding to replace his former title of Master Bedroom Man with something like Groutmaster or Tile Lad.

And, well... it's a Monday again.

I'm looking forward to the back half of the week, but M-W at least are going to be very busy as I work to protect the rest.

In the meantime, far over on the bright side, late Saturday/early Sunday brought happy news for him and her -- and by all reliable reports the three kids.

Comments

TT said…
It's because my home improvement projects take so gorram long that folks remember me by the most recent interminable project I'm working on.

I still prefer the connotations of Master Bedroom Man.
Mike Norton said…
Who wouldn't?

Well, you'll always be that to many in Legends, even if I've seen the word "grout" come from you more in the past month than I have anywhere else in the past two years! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need