The Week To Beat

If I can manage to get through this week -- and by "get through" I don't mean the usual run, duck & cover, repeat scramble through endless, muddy foxholes waiting for an armistice to make the situation go away -- with an achievable path in place in the workplace... I'll have some hope for the first time in far longer than I care to consider.

If I can do that -- though at this stage I don't know exactly what I'm going to be able to pull off -- then by the time I hit the weekend (always supposing something else doesn't go horribly wrong) I'll be looking ahead to a very nice stretch of days, going through July 4th.

So, if it's your wish and your way, wish me luck, inspiration and protection.

This may be a quiet week for me on the blog.

Comments

Jodi said…
Good luck.
thanks for the kind comment. i am going to see him today, if possible...at the latest, thursday.
i don't think i have much time to do this. i've been down once, a few weeks ago, but i have to go again as soon as possible.
it will be okay. he's made his peace with it. it's just so much harder for those of us left behind.
here's hoping we both have a peaceful week.
jodi
Mike Norton said…
Thanks.

A situation like his - and yours & the kids - does help put many other problems in perspective. Sure, every situation is about locating options and acting while they are options, but some deadlines are more final than others, and some bridges can only be crossed once.
Tony Collett said…
Best of luck from all of us, buddy. You'll pull through.
Mike Norton said…
Thanks, Tony!

So far this week I've remained in sitting duck mode, dealing with other work but not being able to muster the focus I need to begin to tackle... what needs to be done.
TT said…
Good luck, and I wish you that inspiration and protection, as well as courage to get the task done.
Mark said…
I'm pullin' for ya! Head down and move forward; don't look up 'til you've made it thru!

Go! Fight! Win!

Mark The Cheerleader
Mike Norton said…
Tim & Mark, thanks, too! Getting past both the standard workload and the sheer reluctance to attempt to get a handle on the task is what I'm battling with today.

Hopefully good news to report by Friday.
Jodi said…
i was just about to ask how's it going so far?
tomorrow is "hump day"...then you're on the downhill slide to friday...
hang on...you can make it!
j.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need