Why I don't do Valentine's Day

No, it's not that it's a Hallmark Holiday (though it arguably has become that, but its roots go back to Roman times, though the incidents that led to the naming came later) nor that I'm not particularly romantic (though I'm not), it's just that the anniversary of my wife and my first date falls on February 2nd - Groundhog's Day. Consequently, within the first few years we shifted the Valentines theme to a point 12 days ahead of the rest of you.

No, we're not furries.

We hit our 26th such anniversary this year, btw. (High school date, that. I'm old, but not that old.) Our 20th wedding anniversary's coming up this June. I would have held off the wedding longer but that shotgun steel was feeling mighty cold at the base of my skull.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes