A quick (halftime-coincidental) break

I snuck a peak at the Superbowl score and saw the 7:7 tie as they reached halftime. My only real interest in the outcome remains the local mood, especially in the workplace. I'd much prefer being surrounded by happy hangovers than unhappy ones. During the past week in particular I've been seeing people in Eagles jerseys and hats, and I don't relish the thought of all those people finding themselves wrapped in the cloth of defeat.

I'm still kicking myself for throwing time earlier today into one of those comment thread situations which one knows ahead of time will not have a good outcome for anyone, where there will be no end save for calling one one's self, a move made all the worse because I did it on a day when I have so much to get done. Sleep might not work itself into my schedule until Monday night. I have no one to blame but myself.

Putting another perspective on the Superbowl, though, is an email from Warren Ellis, via his Bad Signal email loop, probably sent from his local pub via his handheld connection unless they tossed them out for the night. Under the header "Things You Don't Need To Hear From Your Friends":
Just received from a friend of mine who will remain
anonymous for their own protection:

"Gotta go. The Superbowl is on and though I hate football
I somehow got wrangled into making a sex bet on the
outcome of the game so I have an interest."

-- W

Also, thanks to I'm A Crypt Leak, we have a different sort of Super Sunday from the year 1946. As he said in the accompanying note: "Get ready for Sexism! Bad Science! Super-Ignorance!" Great stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes