I hate being sick on my own time

I could feel it creeping up on me Sunday afternoon, and by the time I tossed up the Constantine post the sore throat, headaches and the first signs of the long, long night of sweats and chills was upon me. Consequently I've been even more useless today than normal, which given my record for Mondays is saying something. Of course, this had to be part of the mix when I pull a three-day weekend. If I just stayed away from people none of this would happen.

I haven't found the right combination of over the counter meds to overdose myself with yet, but in honor of Hunter S. Thompson (the final fate of whom I only just found out about 20 minutes ago) I should give it at least one more good try. I'm not getting anything useful done today, so I may as well try for something more resembling comfort.

Of course, even television has sucked royally today, and that level of passive entertainment is about as much as I'm capable of at the moment. This could be all there is from me for today, but who knows? If I've altered my body chemistry sufficiently and can't sleep I could be back for some insominiac rambling later... or maybe I'll get something more useful done.

In the meantime, here's a musical bit. Ms. T. sent me this brief one, with my favorite part being the inventor's assurance that "There is no danger of being electrocuted." I can't help but wonder if suitably energetic use would cause "Flight of the Bumblebee" or "The Minute Waltz" to play.

Meanwhile, I'm a Crypt Leak sent me an mp3 file of the tv theme for the Marvel Superheroes cartoon show in the 60's. This is the overall theme, not the specific ones for Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Sub-Mariner. If you have MusicMatch or one of the many mp3 players that seem to be bundled into computers these days, just drop me an email and I'll be happy to send it out to you when I next pop online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes