Color Commentary

My head's spinning to keep time with my mood and to keep out of punching distance if it knows what's good for it. Yeah. Threatened self-abuse. And not even the fun kind.

A progressive series of meds I've been on since the start of last week managed to shrink and distort my sleep schedule as last week wore on, and by today got into the territory I'd been on the watch for from the start. I've been keeping from interacting with people in real time for more than a few minutes at a stretch today. I'm hardly on the verge of a murderous rage, but on the other hand beating someone to death would feel unsettlingly natural to me at the moment. Ah, the joys of modern pharmaceuticals. I'll probably have to continue the regimen through the week in order to have made it worthwhile (much improvement, but the skin's still not quite human) , so let's see if I can manage to avoid grievous harm to anyone until then.

I was pleased to see the additional info coming through during the weekend concerning the data from Titan -- check out the links in the previous post, as they'll get you there. I decided by the early morning hours on Saturday to let them sort the data out for a while first, and that it would be better to wait a few days to let a better, more well-organized package of info be put together. That the color-corrected imaging -- presumably to get us to what we'd see were we there and kept safe from the 180 degree below zero temperatures -- show us an orange landscape was of interest, though I have to wonder about how dim the light level is there.

No shortage of things to work on around here, at and away from the keys. Still, I know I'll end up watching some tv tonight, including my renewed guilty pleasure, The Surreal Life, which began its fourth season this past weekend. My biggest complaint about the show remains that once they get past the hour-long opener they dole it out in half hour increments. Yeah, yeah, leave 'em wanting more, but I barely get into the flow for the week (made all the worse the way they use clips from the next segment just before a commercial , so aside from the commercials one ends up seeing pieces of it twice. Ah, well, I guess in the long term these days they're out to sell the season box sets.

I'll probably catch the second episode of the new season of HBO's Carnivale in there somewhere, though as mentioned last week being able to watch it when I want to is part of the reason I'm bleeding from the eye sockets each time the Comcast bill arrives. Maybe I'll put that off until later in the week.

While I was out this afternoon, running various errands and playing the odds that I'd be less inclined to kill a stranger than someone I know and resent, for some reason I let the radio stay on 94.1 WYSP, which was covering the Eagles/Vikings game. (Ah! I see the Vikings managed to score another touchdown after I turned the station...) Now, I care about football as much as... I don't know what else I care about that little. What hair tonic Dick Cheney used to wear? Why was I mentioning this? Oh, hell, who knows? Most likely it's just to give those who know me a better sense of how much the drugs are affecting me. It could be to mention (because while I've noted it before I don't know that I've mentioned it to anyone) that local commentator Merrill Reese sounds like Kermit The Frog brought up by a stern, homophobic, ex-marine father, especially when he gets excited describing a play. I should give him credit for at least he seeming to be trying to work past that abominable regional accent that has him and so many Philadelphians pronouncing "Eagles" as "Iggles." I tell you, this is an embarassing place to be, especially when people start opening their mouths. I try to be sympathetic, though, as these poor people are trying to keep their hopes up despite every last one of them -- and I know it's in there all the more as they deny it and fork the sign of the evil eye at me -- every last one of them has in his mind the image of a giant eagle choking in the championships.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need