Giant-Sized Fun With Death

It's a fashion trend in Ghana, and as Mr. Blackwell and the CDC doctors have often noted over black ties and cocktails, as goes Ghana so goes the world. Why, it's theme coffins, kids! Here we have two examples. A shoe and a shiny, pink uterus! Doesn't it make you want to go out and design some for co-workers and certain public officials? I can feel the love from here.

If Married With Children were still in production the former would be a must-have episode prop. Al Bundy in a premature burial dream sequence -- the scene writes itself! Or they could have ended the series that way. It's all good. I suppose they'd have to make it a woman's shoe, though, or else the gag falls a little short. Ashes, it all turns to ashes in my mouth...

Was the latter coffin an attempt to rewrite "womb to tomb" into circularity? Who knows, but when you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, pal. I wonder if they can just start mass-manufacturing giant packs of cigarettes?

Just as I was getting the images uploaded to where I can use them without vampirically draining someone else's bandwidth, I saw that Abbygal sent me a piece about the beefy rise of the giant burgers! Juxtaposed on the novelty coffins piece it suggested a theme, so here we are. I'd almost think Abby was trying to get us to stick with running out for lunch every day but in the piece they mention mayonnaise at least twice, which is one sure way to put me off my appetite.

Still, one must appreciate the craft that's gone into designing these burgers. (It's my blog, I say so, so it's mandatory.) Someone, somewhere out there is wondering if he can get a "butter wheel" of his own as an essential kitchen item. Two, if you count Homer. Behold the Monster Thickburger! Yea, it shall drive your belly before it and hear the lamentation of your kidneys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need